21 year old Florida man hospitalized in ICU after e-cigarette explodes in his face

image
A Florida man is in the hospital after an e-cigarette exploded in his face.

A Florida man was hospitalized after an electronic cigarette exploded in his face on Monday.

Evan Spahlinger, 21, was taken to the hospital in Naples, Fla., after the e-cigarette he was smoking burst and severely burned his face and neck, the Naples Daily News reported.
Spahlinger inhaled part of the e-cigarette, which also caused internal burning, North Collier Fire Deputy Chief Eloy Ricardo told the Daily News.
The 21-year-old was later flown to Miami for treatment, where he was placed in a medically induced coma, Ricardo said.

Spahlinger’s sister, Ema Richardson, said she heard the explosion and found her brother covered in soot Monday morning, WINK-TV reported.
“I found my brother not breathing, with his whole face burned and his neck burned and trying to throw up a little or maybe he was gasping for air, so I called 911,” Richardson told WINK.
This is the first case of an e-cigarette exploding in the area, Ricardo told The Naples Daily News.

I see this becoming a more common occurrence as millions and growing are using the electronic cigarettes.

Article brought to you by Josh Ferguson.

3 comments

Leave a Reply and Tell Me Your View or Take on This Story

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s